Thursday, August 2, 2012

31 Day Polish Challenge Day 2: Orange

Today I have an orange mani for you. I must say, as someone who hasn't always been a huge orange fan it is really growing on me. I have gotten several orange polishes lately that I am really enjoying. I think it was a matter of finding oranges that work with my skintone and possibly the fact that it is such a fun summer color.

Today's mani started off with a squishy, amazing jelly from the OPI Texas Collection called Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear? This looked amazing on it's own. This is 2 coats. I remember when the Texas Collection came out I was just getting into polish and I essentially ignored it. Only recently have I discovered how awesome the jellies in this collection are and I have tracked down almost all of them.



I decided to do a jelly sandwich using Icing Tiger's Blood. I added one coat of Tiger's Blood then one final coat of Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear? to get the final mani. It was so glowy and squishy in real life. I truly enjoyed this mani.




Gah, I do love the look of jelly sandwiches so much! Thanks for looking everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Love it, also loving me some jelly sangers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Jellies have captured my heart lately!

      Delete
  2. Look pretty! I love jellies, the only one from the Texas collex I have is Guy Meet Gal-veston :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all fabulous! I have Guy Mee Gal-veston, Houston We Have a Purple, Too Hot Pink to Hold Em, and Y'all Come Back, Ya Hear and I simply adore them!

      Delete
  3. I've added this to my list of Icing polishes to buy! Wonderful blog! I've nominated you for a Liebster award on mine :)

    ReplyDelete