Tuesday, September 18, 2012

31 Day Polish Challenge Day 27: Inspired by Art

Today's mani was inspired by one of my favorite pieces of art: Monet's Water Lilies. This mani was actually surprisingly simple to do. If you want to give it a try, don't be intimidated! It is impressionist art, after all, so it isn't precise work. I thought it was really fun to do!

I used this tutorial from Michelle Phan to get an idea of how to do the nail art. I started off with a base of Orly Snowcone and then sponged Nina Ultra Pro Cobalt around the edges for depth. I then used a small, flat paint brush and OPI Thanks a Windmillion to make the lily pads. I used white and a tiny detail brush to make random strokes which give the water movement. Finally I used a detail brush and dotted on a bright pink and then accented with yellow to make the lilies. It isn't exactly a Monet, but it looks pretty cool for nail art!



Who knew I was such an artiste? More like an artiste impersonator! ;)

8 comments:

  1. This is genius! Love Monet and no way I could ever create this awesomeness myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it was seriously easy! I was scared to try it, but it turned out so great with so little effort. Just take a look a the tutorial and give it a try!

      Delete
  2. Perfect! I knew exactly what you were going for as soon as I saw it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was nervous to do something inspired by something so amazing, but I was pretty proud of how it turned out!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Monet is one of my favorite artists and you captured well the essence of his work. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He is one of my favorite artists as well.

      Delete