Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Month of Favorites: Nail Art

Hi everyone! So...you probably don't know this but it was my 1 year blogiversary at the end of May! Woo hoo! I can't believe that between Google Friend Connect and Bloglovin I have almost 250 followers now! I never expected that many people to visit my corner of the interwebs, so thank you so much to all of my loyal readers! I do have a giveaway in the works, but I'm not quite ready with all of the components yet. It will be coming at some point this month...so stay tuned.

I've decided to celebrate my 1 year blogiversary I'm going to do a month of favorites. Now this will involve all aspects of my collection from my favorites within color families, finishes, nail art, workhorse polishes (I'm excited to share my favs there with you), as well as treatments and mani tools. I will be reposting some things from previous posts as well as all new swatches this month. There are some of my favorites that sadly, I have not even worn in the past year since I've been blogging so hopefully I will have all new swatches of those.

Today I've decided to (re)share with you some of my favorite nail art. Now this stuff is pretty much all new since I've been blogging because until this past year I didn't even think I could do nail art. With a little encouragement from the 31 Day Nail Art Challenge, I pushed myself to do things I didn't think I was capable of and found that it really wasn't as hard as I had built it up in my mind. After countless attempts at stamping, I finally mastered that as well, so now I have worked nail art into part of my normal routine. This is definitely my proudest accomplishment. Now as you go through these...hopefully you will see the progression...they definitely got better as time went on!

My First Watermarble: This was back waaaay before my blogging days and when I still had super short nails. I was so proud of this at the time!


My First Glitter Gradient: I was so very pleased with this too. This was a little while before I started blogging as well. Oh and...peeeeeps!!


Tribal Stamping: 


Striping Brush Stripes


Neutral Half Moons


Galaxy Nails


Strawberries


Betsey Johnson Roses


Layla Misty Blush Stamped


Monet Waterlilies


My Second Water Marble


Cupcakes


Rainbow Chevrons


Orange and Blue Stamping


Best Stamping Polish Ever: ChG Millennium

Laser Mani



Happy Little Trees


Wrapping Paper


Snowflakes


Holly Berries


Christmas Water Marble


Home Alone Mani (just for fun!)


Peacock Feather Stamping


Zebra Stripes over Illamasqua Collide


White Flowers over Nude


Mardi Gras Gradient


Conversation Hearts


Pastel Brushstrokes


OPI Pirates of the Caribbean Dots


Sunset Gradient


Pigment Nails


Vegetable Garden


Sorry for the excessive amount of pictures, but I just had to include all of my favorites for you! I hope that everyone will enjoy my month of favorites!! As always, thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your year of blogging!

    I really enjoyed reading this post and I'm looking forward to seeing your other favourites through the month. I think this series of posts is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very excited about this series and I hope you enjoy it. It is fun going back and looking through to pick out my favorites so I'm going to have a blast doing these posts!

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary!! I just discovered your blog and can't wait to see more!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with that gradient! Your gradient is the best I've seen, and so perfect for summer. I want to do a mani and pedi with that. Was it a lot of trial and error before getting it to look that way? I'm really looking forward to your series. Thank you for sharing your passion for nails with us.

    Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tam! That one is a particular favorite of mine. It was the first successful creme gradient that I've done. I think what I did wrong for so long was not getting pigmented enough polishes to do the darker parts toward the tips. Since you are sponging the color on, it is going to go on much sheerer than when you paint it, so I found the more pigmented colors worked much better. Also, after you sponge on a coat, let it dry a good bit, sponge on another coat. I just repeated until I got it where I wanted it. It took more "coats" than I thought it would.

      Delete