Sunday, June 9, 2013

Purple Shimmer Sundays: Ulta3 Orchid

Hi everyone! My pal and fellow purple shimmer lover Kristy, from The Polish Haven, and I have decided to start a new series called Purple Shimmer Sundays! When you have a lust for purple shimmers and have acquired as many as each of us has, you might as well take the time to showcase them. So every Sunday, we will each be bringing you pictures of a purple shimmer polish from our collections.

For today, I decided to show off a beauty that Kristy herself sent me from Australia, Ulta3 Orchid. Now if you don't know, Ulta3 is a drugstore brand in Australia that you can get for really cheap and they have some lovely polishes. In fact one of my favorite greens, Mojito, is from that line. Now Orchid is a one coater purple shimmer polish (just used 1 coat for these pictures). It is a little thick, but it spreads smoothly and easily. It has a lovely fine pink shimmer throughout that gives it an pink tone, but for some reason this all but disappears in pictures and that makes it look a bit darker than in real life. (I fail at capturing things sometimes *hangs head*)




Then I decided to do something I love to do with a lot of my purple shimmers: top it with a red/green color shifting topcoat. This time I used Nail Pattern Boldness Boop-Oop-a-Dupe, but with a little twist. Playing on the name of Orchid, I stamped some white flowers (from the Cheeky XL Wild at Heart plate) on my nails and then topped with 2 coats of Boop-Oop-a-Dupe. I think the effect is really neat, although it is now not really recognizable as a purple shimmer. As you can see, the tinted base of Boop-Oop-a-Dupe made the flowers look pink.






So what do you guys think about Purple Shimmer Sundays? Be sure to check out what purple shimmer Kristy has for today! Thanks for looking everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Orchid is one of my very favourtie Ulta3 polishes - I'm looking forward to your and Kristy's Purple Shimmer Sundays. And for some stupid reason I discovered I wasn't already following your blog - fixed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You and Kristy are responsible for many Ulta3 lemmings! As soon as I saw your pics of Over the Rainbow I messaged Kristy and was like "can you find that? I need that!" LOL! <3

      Delete
  2. My jaw dropped. I am drooling. this is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is to pretty for words, undescribable even. You've turned around a bad day for me by simply looking at how pretty your mani is. Thank you.

    Tam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Tam! I'm glad it brightened your day!

      Delete