Sunday, July 28, 2013

Purple Shimmer Sunday?: Zoya Stevie

Ok so...I might be breaking Purple Shimmer Sunday rules with this one (I did consult with Kristy, as I have deemed her the official rule-keeper). I don't guess it is exactly a shimmer in a traditional sense, but it shimmers and sparkles in the sun! That counts, right?! I have been really loving textures lately, and I really wanted to include one on Purple Shimmer Sunday, so Zoya Stevie was it. Please be sure to see what Kristy at The Polish Haven and Kathy at Pied Polish Piper have in store today (probably some legit purple shimmers for you! LOL!)

Zoya Stevie is a pastel purple crelly base with tiny silver glitters from Zoya's Pixie Dust line. When it dries down, it has a sugary textured finish and at that point the glitters give it a shimmery crystalized look vs a glittery look. I really love this polish and it was one I was initially skeptical about. I did 2 coats for this mani with no topcoat. It had pretty good coverage, but if you do thin coats it might require 3 thins coats vs my 2 thickish coats. I love how soft and lady-like this polish is.

 
 
 
 
 
I purchased Stevie from Zoya's website with the recent promo that they had (Buy Liberty, get 2 Pixie Dusts free). Zoya polishes are also available at Ulta. Zoya does promos quite often, so keep a check on their Facebook page and blog for information on promos. There is actually a promo going on right now where you can get the entire summer Pixie Dust release for $36 plus free shipping (use code: LULI), which includes Stevie as well as Liberty which I featured in my last post plus the other 4 polishes from the summer release. That's a pretty awesome deal for these, so jump on it while you still can if you are wanting to try out some Pixie Dust polishes. Until next time, thanks for looking everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Rule keeper? sounds so official & mean o.O

    Stevie is gorgeous! I wants it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It isn't mean! You know Kathy and I don't follow rules so we need someone grouded and who is a purple shimmer purist to keep us in line. It is because I consider you the queen of purple shimmers. How about queen...is that better than rule keeper? ;) *hugs*

      Delete