Saturday, August 24, 2013

Flower Explosion!

Hi everyone! So I'm not sure if any of you saw the recent American Apparel deal an eBay seller had going on (get 17 American Apparel cremes for $15.99 shipped) but I thought it was a steal and grabbed a set for myself. It is still available, so if you are looking for some good quality cremes, I highly taking advantage of this deal. I wanted them to increase my range of cremes colors for nail art purposes, so I thought it was only right if I did some nail art with them when they arrived. I used a few from that order as well as some American Apparel cremes that I already owned for this mani. I wanted a bright, summery palette, and I think these colors fit the bill.




So recently, one of my Instagram favs danilouwho posted a mani like this and I told her I was going to copy her. I don't know that mine turned out quite as good as hers, but I was pleased with the result. Hey also, she FINALLY started a blog so go check her out here: Dani's Manis 

I started off with a base of OPI A Roll in the Hague (the only non-American Apparel Polish). Then I used my dotting tool and just...made flowers. There is no real science to it really, just sort of free form flowers randomly all over the nail. I did one color at a time on all of my nails and then moved on to the next color.

Here are the colors I used (plus Hassid for the black centers):






So what do you think about this free-form nail art? I think it is something that anyone could do with any colors...there are endless possibilities. Thanks for looking everyone!

3 comments: