Saturday, October 4, 2014

Zoya Arlo

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! Well, my curiosity finally got the best of me and I purchased a Zoya Magical Pixie Dust. I have heard so many mixed reviews of these polishes (a lot of negatives) so I was hesitant to get any of them, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that I was in the "yay" camp!

Zoya Arlo is a purpley pink jelly base filled with chunky silver holo and textured bits. This dries down to a super textured finish. I thought the formula was easy to work with (much to my surprise) and the polish built up to opacity nicely in 3 thinnish coats. I really loved how, despite being textured, the holo bits still remained very sparkly and eyecatching. I was afraid this was going to be super thick and weird on the nail, but I personally didn't find it much different than standard texture finishes once it dried down (just slightly rougher to the touch).

No topcoat (this is how they were meant to be worn, and honestly I did not like it with topcoat)





Overall, I'm suprised to say that I really loved this polish! I've noticed that Zoya has only released the Magical Pixie Dusts in lighter colors, but I really wish that they would make some in deeper colors with the holo bits in them (like sparkling deep blue, purple, and green would be cool!). I know they do have some darker colors that were released (The Ultra Pixie Dusts), but they do not have the holo bits in them, just metallic glitter.

Zoya polishes are available at Zoya.com and other retailers that carry Zoya polishes. Be sure to follow Zoya on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter for updates on new collections and deals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment