Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Ellagee Villainous Holo-ween Glitters (My Picks)

*Purchased with blogger discount from maker*

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been a little MIA for the past few days, but I was out of town for a wedding this weekend and I've just been super tired since I got back. Today I have three wonderful glitter toppers from Ellagee's Villainous Holo-ween Collection. I have been eying these since they were available for pre-order and I was so happy to get to try them out. All of these polishes were inspired by Disney villains, which is such a unique and awesome inspiration for a Halloween collection! I also love that these aren't super "Halloween-y" so you can wear them anytime.


Poor Unfortunate Souls is a clear-based glitter topper filled with aqua, black, and red holographic glitters. This sea-worthy topper was inspired by Ursula from The Little Mermaid (my favorite Disney movie ever!). For this mani, I layered two coats over American Apparel Malibu Green. Formula was really nice with great glitter payoff. For all of these glitter toppers, I also appreciate that even though they were super glittery, they were not topcoat hungry and were easily smoothed out with one coat of a thicker topcoat (I used Darling Diva Polish's Pryzmatic Performance Enhancing Topcoat). This polish is such a great color combo and it was so sparkly. I stared at my nails most of the day when I wore this one!




Friends on the Other Side is a clear-based glitter topper filled with lime, emerald, and fuchsia glitters. This polish was inspired by the creepy voodoo master Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog. I've seen most Disney movies throughout the years, but I only recently watched that one for the first time and it was so good! For this mani, I used 2 coats over Zoya Josie. Formula had great glitter payoff and spread smoothly and easily. I adore green glitters, and this one is just fabulous! I love the touch of fuchsia thrown in to give it some more interest.




See How s-s-Snakelike I Can Be is a clear-based glitter topper filled with gold, black, and red holo glitters. This polish is inspired by Jafar from Aladdin and it so perfectly captures his character. Formula and glitter density was great with this polish and I used 2 coats over American Apparel Berry for this mani. Gah, I just love how regal and sparkly this polish looks. It was the one I was looking forward to the most and it did not disappoint!




Ellagee's polishes can be purchased from their website as well as from Norway Nails and Gloss48. Be sure to follow Ellagee on Facebook and Instagram for more info on new collections, pre-orders, and to see more swatches of their beautiful polishes. Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment