Friday, January 30, 2015

Stained Glass Stamping Decals featuring piCture pOlish and Mo-You London

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! Today I have my first adventures with stamping decals to share with you! I've been wanting to try this for awhile, and I've seen so many cute ones lately that I just decided to go for it! I'm really not sure who started the trend of making stamping decals, but I've seen a ton of ladies make such gorgeous manis with this technique. Here is a link to a super helpful video tutorial by Lucy's Stash if you are interested in trying it.


For my mani, I chose to just do accents of the stamped decals because they are a little time consuming. I used an image from the MoYou-London Kaleidoscope plate 06. That plate has a bunch of wonderful designs that are just perfect for this technique, and I think they give a stained glass effect when different colors are used like this. I stamped the image onto my stamper (I used Mundo de Unas Black for my stamping polish.) Then I used piCture pOlish Ocean, Paris, and Forget Me Not and filled in the image using a small brush. Next I painted on a coat of quick dry topcoat and allowed the image to dry completely, and then peeled off the entire decal with tweezers (seen below).


For the nails that I was applying my decals to, I started off with a white creme base and let it dry completely. This step might not be necessary for all polishes, but since the ones I used were jelly-ish in nature, I thought the white would help to make the colors pop if they were a bit thin in some areas. I trimmed the decals down as much as I could to fit my nail before application. This is really something you want to do (especially with a larger decal like this one) to avoid having to do excessive clean-up. I then painted on a coat of quick dry topcoat over the white polish and pressed the decal onto the nail, smoothing it out with my fingers. I then used my brush dipped in acetone to go around and clean up the excess around the edges. This not only works to clean up excess polish, but also helps to seal the decal around the edges. Finally, I finished off with two coats of topcoat. to make it smooth and glassy. On the nails that I didn't apply the decals to, I used piCture pOlish Forget Me Not on its own (which...holy gorgeous! I'm so glad I got that one finally!)




piCture pOlish products are available from their website based out of Australia. They do ship internationally and details about their shipping policies are available on their shipping pagepiCture pOlish also has international stockists located all over the world. I usually order mine from Llarowe and Color4Nails, but a complete list of stockists is located on piCture pOlish's network page

MoYou London stamping plates are available from their website. They have tons of gorgeous plates to choose from, so check them out! They are also now offering free shipping to the US, so that is awesome!

So what do you think of these nail decals? Have you tried them before? I think they are really fun, but I would only want to do them for accents most likely since they do take a good bit of time. Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment