Thursday, September 8, 2016

31DC2016 - Metallic - Stamped Magnetic

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! Today we are on to Metallic nails in the 31 Day Challenge, and I decided to use an old polish that is apparently right on with the current magnetic trend right now (plus a little stamping, of course!).


For my mani, I started with a base of Claire's Magnetix Dark Pink, which I picked up several years ago when it was available at Claire's and Icing. After holding the magnet over it and creating the fun wavy design, I stamped it with one of my most trusty metallic stamping polishes, China Glaze 2030 and UberChic plate 1-01. I thought that this was such a fun way to create some depth using metallic polishes (which, historically, aren't my favorite finish). I really loved the final look!



Let's take a look at Claire's Magnetic Dark Pink on its own. These particular polishes have a magnet built into the cap and this one has a double wave magnet instead of a lot of the standard straight ones that you see these days. When you first apply the polish, it looks like a very dull, frosty pink metallic, but as soon as you use the magnet this amazing shimmering metallic base appears. If nothing else, this has made me realize that I for sure need some more metallic polishes in my life!



Be sure to check out what the other participants have in store for metallic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment