Thursday, January 19, 2017

TBT: OPI DS Original

*Nothing to Disclose*

Hi everyone! Today I have an oldie but a goodie to share with you! I know I have posted it on the blog before (along with some of my other OPI Designer Series (DS) stash and my fun stories about acquiring them), but it is one of my favorite polishes ever so I have to bust it out every now and again. OPI DS Original is the polish that got me into polish back in 2011 when I saw it on Chloe's Nails. It was hard to find even then (and going for >$40 on eBay) and I never thought I would get my hands on it. Luckily, my pal Jen found a whole stash of OPI DS polishes at a cosmetic wholesaler she happened to stop by and she was able to snag one for me, so I got it for retail!



OPI DS Original is a lavender linear holo. Formula is super thin and it takes 3 coats for full coverage. The one thing I do hate about this polish is that it is old school chemically and it is easy to become denty on me even after I've used a quick dry topcoat and waited for a good bit. Moral of the story: do not apply these anywhere close to bedtime or you will get sheet marks...even with QDTC. I know there are tons of indie and even mainstream holos now, but back then holos were super scarce! Each one I owned was a true treasure, and I still treasure these. I love love love the holo arc of DS Original so hard...it's just dreamy!



Do you have any from the OPI DS line? What are your favorites? Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment