Sunday, August 6, 2017

Dreamland Lacquer Game of Thrones Duo

*Purchased by Me*

Hi everyone! In continuing with my Game of Thrones-inspired polish posts, next I have my very first Game of Thrones polish purchase...waaay back from 2012. Dreamland Lacquer (though it was Smitten Polish at the time) released the first GoT polishes that I recall, and at the time I had never even seen the show or read the books. They were gorgeous though, so I couldn't help but grab them and they are still beautiful today. Of course these two beauties were long ago discontinued, but I couldn't help but share them in the spirit of GoT!


Winter is Coming is a creamy white crelly base filled with blue holo glitters and microglitters. Formula was quite opaque (no need for layering) and was fully opaque in 3 thin coats (though 2 coats probably would have been fine). I used 2 coats of KBShimmer Clearly On Top for a smooth finish. I've always loved this polish so much! I've always called it my "blue speckled Lortab" polish (pharmacist joke...it's often requested by patients in retail to get the blue speckled Lortab because they "work better"...riiiiight).



Fire and Blood is a cherry red jelly filled with red holo glitters in multiple sizes plus a few scattered silver glitters. I wore this previously layered over a red, but it is very easy to wear on its own. I used 3 thin coats here with 1 coat of thicker topcoat (Essence Gel Like Topcoat) and 1 coat of my regular topcoat (KBShimmer Clearly On Top) for a smooth finish. I've always loved red jellies with holo glitters...there is always SO much depth to them and this one never disappoints.



Dreamland Lacquer is available from their Big Cartel ShopBe sure to follow Dreamland Lacquer on Facebook and Instagram for updates on restocks and new collections. Thanks for looking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment